Mig33 Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vista Codec Package 5.1.2 Final

Go down

Vista Codec Package 5.1.2 Final Empty Vista Codec Package 5.1.2 Final

Post by Guest Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:30 am

Codecs have been a problem for most users at one time or another. This is because there has never been an 'out of the box' working solution that the average computer user could install and just have everything work properly from the beginning.

There are several decent codec package solutions out there, but none of them did everything I wanted. I was always in need of a tweak, adjustment, or even a re-installation just to get the codecs I needed/wanted and most of the time, the file still didn't play properly.

I've never claimed to be a media guru. My media experience prior to creating these packages was to doubleclick a file I downloaded and hope that it played. So with the help of the MSFN community, I decided to package up the bare minimum of codecs required by most computer users and share them with the rest of the world.

The installer will automatically remove most other popular codec releases from your computer before installing this concise yet comprehensive package. You won't need to make any adjustments or tweaks to enjoy your media content immediately. Windows Media Player and Vista's Media Center will instantly recognize all your files as playable.

Vista Codec Package does not contain a media player software and it will not associate filetypes. With this package installed you will be able to use any media player, limited only by the players' capabilities, to play all movies and video clips. Streaming video is supported in several formats in all popular web browsers.

Users of VCP have the ability to choose what is installed and where to install it using the public redistributable. After installation you can select to remove specific portions without removing the entire package. You can also re-add the removed items at any time.

What's New in This Release:

· update ffdshow rev 2653
· update Haali rev 1.9.63.13
· minor revisions

Code:
http://9down.com/down.php?site=2&file=VistaCodecs_v512.rar
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Vista Codec Package 5.1.2 Final Empty Re: Vista Codec Package 5.1.2 Final

Post by Kanishka_max Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:10 am

Hmmm... very useful software..
any way, can we use K-light codec pack in Vista?
Kanishka_max
Kanishka_max

Male
Number of posts : 261
mig33 username : kanishka_max
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:12 pm

The K-Lite Codec pack is the most popular codec pack available at the moment and works flawlessly on Windows Vista. The main benefit of this package is that you can choose the broad type of pack you wish to install (either Basic, Standard or Full). Most users will want to install the standard package, as this should play almost any video file available. If you find a video format that is not supported, it is easy to re-install the full pack at a later date. The full pack is primarily designed for people that need to encode as well as decode (for example, in a movie making package), so is overkill for the vast majority of users.
Vista Codec Package 5.1.2 Final K-lite
K-Lite Tweak Tool

Something that will appeal to many internet users is the built in support for Quicktime and Realmedia videos. Normally you would be required to install separate players from each company to play these formats, both of which are known to include unnecessary bloat! Instead, K-Lite installs only the plugins required to play these filetypes online.
Media Player Classic is installed alongside the codecs, which provides a simple yet functional media viewer for video files. This is a "lite" version of the usual windows media player which may be better suited to some users. This is one of the most comprehensive and well tested codec packs, and updates are frequently released so it is likely that this package will continue to remain the most popular and best supported package for some time yet.
Download K-Lite from Softpedia. Please note that this software includes the option to install the Yahoo toolbar.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down