Mig33 Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Authentic Words

2 posters

Go down

Authentic Words Empty Authentic Words

Post by msilmy Thu May 08, 2008 6:34 am

Once in Sabarmati ahsram, a woman came to meet Gandhiji with her son. Her son had some disease and doctor had prescribed food without salt and spices. But the son was not willing to eat anything without salt and spices. At that time Gandhiji was famous as Saint and people were his blind supporter. The woman thought if Gandhiji could tell her son not to take salts and spices, may he would agree and thus his ailment would be cured soon. She told her story to Gandhiji and asked his advice for her son. Gandhiji told her to come again after two weeks.
After two weeks the woman and her son were again in front of Gandhiji, the woman repeating the same story. This time Gandhiji told to the son serenely- " Dear son, dont take salt and spice in food and you will be ok soon. "
The woman had thought that the Saint would perform some kind of miracle, but he was saying normal words. She got surprised and asked -" Why baba, you could tell this last time also. I have to come here for long 15 miles walking. "
" Last time I didn't know how it would taste eating without salt and spices. That time if I would advice the same, your son might take it seriously or not. So, I have been eating the same food for these two weeks to make sure that it can be done without much problem. Now if he asks whether I could eat such food if prescribed, I am ready to say-yes I can. What I can't do myself, i shouldn't advice to others. That is why I gave this much trouble to you."

Moral of the story - Anyone can say good things, rare are those who have tested it by themselves and the same words spoken by such person become authentic and have a strong effect on listeners
msilmy
msilmy
V.I.P

Male
Number of posts : 1458
mig33 username : msilmy
Registration date : 2007-10-01

http://www.mig33friends.com

Back to top Go down

Authentic Words Empty Re: Authentic Words

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2008 7:57 pm

its really a nice topic...it teaches a lot...thanks msilmy...keep it up Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Authentic Words Empty Re: Authentic Words

Post by sajith Wed May 21, 2008 12:54 am

thanks msilmy bro. good topic. laughing :
sajith
sajith
VIP member
VIP member

Male
Number of posts : 1555
mig33 username : sajith.xp.pk