Mig33 Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total Explorer Crash

2 posters

Go down

Total Explorer Crash Empty Total Explorer Crash

Post by vinay Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:00 am

Total Explorer Crash

Run Windows Explorer in its own process. Avoid Total Explorer Crash
This will further secure your windows explorer from crash though not a great idea if short on memory. Open registry by going to START-RUN and entering regedit. Navigate to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced] . In this look for value of "SeparateProcess". If available set its value to 1 and if not (which could be the case ) then add a DWORD key by the name "SeparateProcess" and set its value to 1.

If you would rather prefer not to change registry settings , you can get similar results by following steps mentioned below
Code:
Click on "Start" Menu
Clcik "My Computer"
Click on "Tools" Menu
Click "Folder Options"
Check "Lauch folder windows in separate process"
Stability would be more because each Folder window will start in separate process and will not cause system to halt in case one or more of such processes stop responding. Although it is supposed to provide better stability but may be at the cost of performance.
vinay
vinay
Technician
Technician

Male
Number of posts : 1047
mig33 username : ask-vinay
Registration date : 2007-12-13

http://www.pcfires.com

Back to top Go down

Total Explorer Crash Empty Re: Total Explorer Crash

Post by Kanishka_max Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:44 pm

thanks vinay bro, i always face this problem. some times i have to run explorer manually using run command, i cope this will reduce my problem
Kanishka_max
Kanishka_max

Male
Number of posts : 261
mig33 username : kanishka_max
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down